Las Vegas Family Law Solutions
Last updated: March 27, 2020
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
What Personal Information do we collect?
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, title, and gender.
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Services.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use the Services, products and other services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also collect other information which alone cannot be used to identify you as an individual. The following paragraphs describe some of the Personal Information and other data we may collect from users of our Services.
How do we collect Personal Information?
When you provide it to us – In certain sections on our Website or Services, we may provide online forms in which you can input Personal Information such as your name and email address in order to request information, subscribe to our publications, or for other purposes indicated on our Website or Services.
When you access our Website – Our Services may gather certain information automatically and store it in log files when you use our Services. We may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data for purposes of system administration, to understand how our visitors use our Services. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. For instance, when you request Web pages from the Website, our computers log your IP address.
We also collect click-stream data when you request pages from the Website. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. We also monitor other tracking-related information. This data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the Services, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in, particular kinds of content, and the like. We use this information to update our Services and ensure that we are meeting the needs of our visitors.
How do we use Personal Information?
In all cases, we will only use Personal Information collected from you only as necessary to provide the information or services you have requested (for example, to respond to your inquiry or process your subscription to one of our newsletters or blogs or to mail a publication to you). We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- To inform you about our services, new legal and policy developments, relevant information in the industries we serve, and our marketing events.
- To respond to you when you contact us, such as with questions, concerns, feedback, dispute or issues.
- To investigate, prevent, or mitigate violations of our terms, agreements or policies, and to enforce our agreements with third parties and partners.
- To provide and personalize your experience on the Services.
- To evaluate you as a candidate for employment with our firm.
- To send you marketing communications; provide you with information about events, webinars, or other materials; deliver targeted marketing to you; and, keep you updated about our products and services. You can opt-out of our marketing activities at any time and free of charge.
- To develop new products and services.
- For analysis to improve our services and for market research.
- For other reasons, with your consent.
Do we sell your personal information to third parties?
Absolutely not. FLS will never sell your Personal Information.
With whom may we share your Personal Information?
We may share Personal Information with employees and contractors of our Firm, with third parties who provide certain services on our behalf, with selected third-party organizations with whom we may collaborate on various activities or events, or in the other circumstances noted below. For example, we may share certain Personal Information we collect with third parties such as providers of data hosting or processing services, email services, or other service providers (for example if we have a third party send notification of firm publications, news or events we think may be of interest to you).
We may also share Personal Information we possess in the event our Firm undergoes a corporate transaction, such as a merger with another firm, or in the event of a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of our Firm, or a dissolution of our Firm. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, we may share Personal Information if we need to protect the interests of FLS, our clients, property, or the public.
Similarly, we may share Personal Information with governmental authorities or otherwise in response to a legal request that we believe requires us to do so. For example, in connection with a criminal investigation or other legal requests from civil or administrative authorities in connection with a pending civil case or administrative investigation. Legal requests include, for example, search warrants, subpoenas, and other court orders.
We may also receive legal requests or orders from jurisdictions outside the United States, in which case by using the Services you consent for your Personal Information to be transferred to the applicable country.
We may also share your information to an individual or entity you have given us your consent to disclose to.
Third Party Sites and Services
How can I unsubscribe or update my Personal Information?
You can be removed from any of our email lists or unsubscribe from a publication by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may access or update any Personal Information we hold about you by sending a letter or email using the contact information listed below. We will respond to reasonable requests for access or revision and will provide access to the extent required or allowed by law. However, we may decide not to grant access or make revisions where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy in any given case, or when the rights of others would be violated by granting the access.
Is my Personal Information protected?
We use reasonable security measures to protect any Personal Information collected through our Services. We implement various physical, procedural and technological safeguards that we believe will keep your Personal Information secure.
Privacy Rights for EU Residents
We will process your personal data only (1) with your consent; (2) to perform a contract between you and us; (3) to comply with a legal obligation; or (4) where we have a legitimate interest to do so, balancing this interest against your interests and fundamental rights. These legitimate interests are administrative functions within FLS, marketing activities, and complying with your requests for information.
If you reside in the EU, you may exercise your Personal Information rights by using the contact information shared below. Specifically, you have the following rights subject to the exceptions allowed by law:
- To access your information
- To rectify or update your information
- To erase your information, subject to our need to retain certain information for legal or other purposes
- To receive a copy of your information
- To object to or restrict its processing
Information for Visitors and Users from Outside the United States
Pursuant to Nevada Revised Statutes §603A, please be advised that we do not sell your Personal Information to third parties.
California Civil Code Section §1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We do not knowingly collect or store personally identifiable information about children under the age of 16, unless permitted by law. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as soon as possible from our database.
Changes to this Policy
How to Contact Us
Las Vegas Family Law Solutions
6230 W. Desert Inn Road
Las Vegas, NV 89179